Roto Rooter - $387 for nothing
I called for a service to clean out lines on a remodel project. I was informed it would cost $114 to have the lines cleaned, they also informed me there could be other costs associated with the Service and was very unwilling to give a set price. I tole them I am only authorizing $114 service, and if they were going to charge anymore I would need to authorize the amount.
When Rob the Plumber they sent came out after an 30 minutes he called me by phone and informed me he charged me $30 to pull the toilet. ( I had 5 men on site being paid by the hour to pull any toilet, and the toilet was not even fastened down to the floor. Then he informed me the price was going to be a lot more than $114, he started throwing all these numbers at me and I told him I would authorize $200 and not a penny more.
After 1 hour and 30 minutes Rob hands me an invoice for $387! We then put the toilet back on after he left and the toilet is not working any better then when they started.
I spoke to the owner of the company at this point and I told him about the problems, he refunded me the 187 dollars and told me it must be a problem in the toilet, and to come out to the site he was going to have to charge more money.
He blamed it on the toilet so I wonder why the bathtub is filling up as well.
So now I am only out $200 dollars and still can't flush a toilet.
I would absolutely not recommend this company. They will use a low number to get to the house and when they get to the house you better believe the up selling will begin.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Plumbing Charges
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had been having sewer problems with my house for couple of years. Had to have the drains cleared about every 4 months. I already knew there was a breakage..."
- "Called and set an appointment up for 2 pm, it is now 7:15 pm and nobody has shown up. Called every hour only to be told that someone would be..."
- "Customer Charged $986.00 for the following1. Fix the guts of one toilet2. Remove a pedestal sink and slide in a new vanity completed assembled. Roto Rooter only had..."
- "Wow... Where do I start...7/21/15 I placed an order online with FDE (Flower Delivery Express). My husband I were sending flowers to our daughter who's B-Day was on 7/22/15. I..."
- "WHAT. How am I even supposed to answer this question? Horrible question, awkward responses, and terribly put together program. I can't believe I paid this much for a program that..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."
- "It is taking several weeks just to receive my exchange order. The first time I called to do the exchange I was sent a confirmation by email; however, it did..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."