Roto Rooter - $387 for nothing
I called for a service to clean out lines on a remodel project. I was informed it would cost $114 to have the lines cleaned, they also informed me there could be other costs associated with the Service and was very unwilling to give a set price. I tole them I am only authorizing $114 service, and if they were going to charge anymore I would need to authorize the amount.
When Rob the Plumber they sent came out after an 30 minutes he called me by phone and informed me he charged me $30 to pull the toilet. ( I had 5 men on site being paid by the hour to pull any toilet, and the toilet was not even fastened down to the floor. Then he informed me the price was going to be a lot more than $114, he started throwing all these numbers at me and I told him I would authorize $200 and not a penny more.
After 1 hour and 30 minutes Rob hands me an invoice for $387! We then put the toilet back on after he left and the toilet is not working any better then when they started.
I spoke to the owner of the company at this point and I told him about the problems, he refunded me the 187 dollars and told me it must be a problem in the toilet, and to come out to the site he was going to have to charge more money.
He blamed it on the toilet so I wonder why the bathtub is filling up as well.
So now I am only out $200 dollars and still can't flush a toilet.
I would absolutely not recommend this company. They will use a low number to get to the house and when they get to the house you better believe the up selling will begin.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Plumbing Charges
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "These "professionals" showed up to just drain the water heaters and check them over. By the time they got done explaining it to my 80 year old mother, the bill..."
- "Roto rooter is the worst company to use they came to my house never fixed the problem ! !! I called to talk to a manager a man named..."
- "Very disappointed. Tech arrived at 1:30 to replace sump pump due to a recent flooded basement. Replaced sump pump in less than an hour and a half. ..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "Wow... Where do I start...7/21/15 I placed an order online with FDE (Flower Delivery Express). My husband I were sending flowers to our daughter who's B-Day was on 7/22/15. I..."
- "WHAT. How am I even supposed to answer this question? Horrible question, awkward responses, and terribly put together program. I can't believe I paid this much for a program that..."