Roto Rooter - $387 for nothing

I called for a service to clean out lines on a remodel project. I was informed it would cost $114 to have the lines cleaned, they also informed me there could be other costs associated with the Service and was very unwilling to give a set price. I tole them I am only authorizing $114 service, and if they were going to charge anymore I would need to authorize the amount.

When Rob the Plumber they sent came out after an 30 minutes he called me by phone and informed me he charged me $30 to pull the toilet. ( I had 5 men on site being paid by the hour to pull any toilet, and the toilet was not even fastened down to the floor. Then he informed me the price was going to be a lot more than $114, he started throwing all these numbers at me and I told him I would authorize $200 and not a penny more.

After 1 hour and 30 minutes Rob hands me an invoice for $387! We then put the toilet back on after he left and the toilet is not working any better then when they started.

I spoke to the owner of the company at this point and I told him about the problems, he refunded me the 187 dollars and told me it must be a problem in the toilet, and to come out to the site he was going to have to charge more money.

He blamed it on the toilet so I wonder why the bathtub is filling up as well.

So now I am only out $200 dollars and still can't flush a toilet.

I would absolutely not recommend this company. They will use a low number to get to the house and when they get to the house you better believe the up selling will begin.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Plumbing Charges
Review category
review #544103 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Roto Rooter? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 18 #1214653 Minneapolis, Minnesota

Every one knows thats your nasty *** tub!
I would have tub now!
I could imagine the toilet!
If i were the plumber she would have to you clean your nasty *** or I would leave!
I love my plumber and pretty sure he charges the same!
Not every one wants to beat the men down once they get to there home, and make them feel that if they dont agree to your price as a home owner thet get nothing! Over 50% of plumbing and heating companies go out of business in the first five years so basically you are looking for some of them guys to take advantage of so they cannot feed their families and put them out of business wow what a great person you must be!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Roto Rooter. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Roto Rooter.
Filing a new complaint about