Roto Rooter Nocross Georgia/Atlanta Georgia Overcharged customer
Customer Charged $986.00 for the following
1. Fix the guts of one toilet
2. Remove a pedestal sink and slide in a new vanity completed assembled. Roto Rooter only had to attach the faucet and plumbing. Plumbing left incomplete, because of a simple overflow drain.....that means the second hole in the sink at the top was missing a pipe. The plumber still could have completed the job and my family knows not to overflow the sink. He left the job incomplete and charged me $986.00
Customer has stopped payment on the check for excessive charge and contacted an Atlanta Georgia Attorney. Customer is willing to pay the correct amount which is far less than $986.00.
****Additional Research from Google.com shows the following complaints about Roto Rooter.
Thirty-eight Homeowners Challenge Roto-Rooter's Sales Practices
Thirty-eight homeowners filed a lawsuit in Hennepin County, alleging that Roto-Rooter systematically pressured them into expensive and unnecessary excavation and sewer line replacement.
According to the Complaint, Roto-Rooter deliberately misrepresented the nature of its customers' plumbing problems, conveying that the homeowners had far more extensive plumbing problems than actually existed. As a result, Roto-Rooter charged homeowners between $3,500 and $17,000 for these unnecessary repairs. The lawsuit asks the court to order Roto-Rooter to stop its deceptive practices and to reimburse homeowners the amounts they paid for all unnecessary repairs.
Homeowners Share a Common Experience
When they contacted Roto-Rooter about plumbing drain problems, Roto-Rooter grossly exaggerated the extent of the necessary repairs. Instead of merely clearing clogs in pipes with a routine cleaning, or otherwise resolving the problem in the most cost efficient manner, Roto-Rooter told the homeowners that the clogged pipes could not be cleared with a routine cleaning. Rather, Roto-Rooter pressured its customers into believing that the solution required an expensive excavation and pipe replacement. The homeowners allege that, at some point in 2009, Roto-Rooter management began requiring its drain technicians to "refer 30% to 50% of all mainline drain cleaning calls to camera techs and excavation estimators whether or not the Roto-Rooter drain cleaning machine could clear the clog from the drain." Roto-Rooter drain technicians were required to sign a document indicating that they understood this requirement. Those who did not meet this requirement were penalized. Drain technicians who conformed to this practice and made these referrals received a bonus payment if an excavation was sold to the homeowner.
The sewer inspector for the City of Minneapolis has confirmed that many of the repairs were unnecessary.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Plumbing Repair Over Charged
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought the pitcher and filter and in the beginning it was fine then I got the lemon water taste. Now the last 2 filters are leaking black particles and..."
- "I called for a service to clean out lines on a remodel project. I was informed it would cost $114 to have the lines cleaned, they also..."
- "2 very bad experince with home shild First one is the home pipe blockage and they send the plumber without equipment snake or any thing he shows up in open..."
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."
- "Keystone Raptor purchased new may31 2014. Has been in a shop since June 3 2014..we have maybe used it 6weeks since purchase. Ac won't cool all of camper . dealer..."
- "I've had my NetSpend account for well over 2 years now. My direct deposit from work goes into this account as well as my tax refund deposit. I recently decided..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."