Roto Rooter Nocross Georgia/Atlanta Georgia Overcharged customer
Customer Charged $986.00 for the following
1. Fix the guts of one toilet
2. Remove a pedestal sink and slide in a new vanity completed assembled. Roto Rooter only had to attach the faucet and plumbing. Plumbing left incomplete, because of a simple overflow drain.....that means the second hole in the sink at the top was missing a pipe. The plumber still could have completed the job and my family knows not to overflow the sink. He left the job incomplete and charged me $986.00
Customer has stopped payment on the check for excessive charge and contacted an Atlanta Georgia Attorney. Customer is willing to pay the correct amount which is far less than $986.00.
****Additional Research from Google.com shows the following complaints about Roto Rooter.
Thirty-eight Homeowners Challenge Roto-Rooter's Sales Practices
Thirty-eight homeowners filed a lawsuit in Hennepin County, alleging that Roto-Rooter systematically pressured them into expensive and unnecessary excavation and sewer line replacement.
According to the Complaint, Roto-Rooter deliberately misrepresented the nature of its customers' plumbing problems, conveying that the homeowners had far more extensive plumbing problems than actually existed. As a result, Roto-Rooter charged homeowners between $3,500 and $17,000 for these unnecessary repairs. The lawsuit asks the court to order Roto-Rooter to stop its deceptive practices and to reimburse homeowners the amounts they paid for all unnecessary repairs.
Homeowners Share a Common Experience
When they contacted Roto-Rooter about plumbing drain problems, Roto-Rooter grossly exaggerated the extent of the necessary repairs. Instead of merely clearing clogs in pipes with a routine cleaning, or otherwise resolving the problem in the most cost efficient manner, Roto-Rooter told the homeowners that the clogged pipes could not be cleared with a routine cleaning. Rather, Roto-Rooter pressured its customers into believing that the solution required an expensive excavation and pipe replacement. The homeowners allege that, at some point in 2009, Roto-Rooter management began requiring its drain technicians to "refer 30% to 50% of all mainline drain cleaning calls to camera techs and excavation estimators whether or not the Roto-Rooter drain cleaning machine could clear the clog from the drain." Roto-Rooter drain technicians were required to sign a document indicating that they understood this requirement. Those who did not meet this requirement were penalized. Drain technicians who conformed to this practice and made these referrals received a bonus payment if an excavation was sold to the homeowner.
The sewer inspector for the City of Minneapolis has confirmed that many of the repairs were unnecessary.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Plumbing Repair Over Charged
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had been having sewer problems with my house for couple of years. Had to have the drains cleared about every 4 months. I already knew there was a breakage..."
- "Driver hit a dog and threw it off the road and left..."
- "We've had over 4-year experience with this company. Initially, our general contractor signed a contract with Air-Ease to design, set up, and install a geothermal HVAC system in our house...."
- "Women Be Warned n Be Aware of WERNER ENTERPRISES!!! I went to Werner in Lithia Springs, GA as a female student driver. I went there initially requesting a female trainer,..."
- "When I ordered from this Company, I was warned prior to purchasing the hair. A video on YouTube called HALO INDIAN HAIR SUCKS!!! warned me of this indian hair vendor...."
- "I bid on a pair of Oakley Sunglasses. Consider this: The "winner" who used "autobid" shows the following Quibids history: "vipjoe1" has bid $116,225 (at .60 per bid) and..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."
- "Be careful buying things of offer up!! Just moved into my NEW apartment and I bought a sectional couch, came with a chair... I wondered why the price was so..."